The Golden, Resplendant First Emperor, Dragon of the New Day, Wind-Scourge Warrior
- First emperor of Elam
- Half-dragon (gold)
- Lover of Jonil, the Silver Dragon (who founded the Path of Righteousness)
- United the ten dragon blooded nations in the War of the Winds (battle against the Sky Kingdom)
- When his daughter was slain by the Knights of Terranimbus, Taras besieged the underworld, tore down the gates of the Land of the Dead, and brought her back to the Mortal Kingdom.
- Road into battle astride the Red Wyrm Edreon
- Revered as the First Emperor, a semi-divine figure. Defeated the Storm King, the Thunder Prince, and the Knights of the Four Winds when the Sky Kingdom tried to scourge the ten dragon-nations from the land. It is said that all Four Kingdoms trembled before his wrath—he defeated the sky kingdom, besieged the under world, walked Faerie at his own will and ruled the land of mortals.
- Author of the Prophecy of the New Day, supposedly the first mortal to fulfill it. With the guiding wisdom of Jonil the silver dragon, he transcribed the secrets needed to unlock the same power he wielded.